Firstly, thank you so much for your great response to our first round of FAQs. Your feedback has been very much appreciated and has helped us make our decisions which we hope you are happy with.
As promised, here is our first update.
- Has a decision been made yet on the “household” swim?
Yes, we are pleased to let you know a decision has been made.
The household swim idea, which we suggested last week and which we propose to run alongside our lane swimming sessions generated a considerable amount of interest and we are delighted to announce that we will be running with this.
We have decided to trial this activity in the following format:-
Sessions will take place in our Baby Pool (D 0.8m) and our Splash Pool (D 0.97m)
Each Pool will be “divided” into two. Each individual section allowing a maximum of 5 customers who must all reside in the same household (or extended household).
The price for a household swim will be £12.00 for 45minutes pool time.
2. Will my child be allowed to access the “lane swimming sessions”?
Yes, children over the age of 8 years can be booked into these sessions as long as they are able to demonstrate that they are able to swim 50m i.e. two lengths of our swimming pool.
3. My child is under the age of 8 years but attends your swimming lessons and can swim several lengths. Is he/she allowed to access the lane swimming sessions?
National guidance dictates children must be aged 8 years or over to enter any swimming pool unaccompanied by a responsible adult aged 18 years or over. That said, we recently introduced a competency scheme for 6 and 7 year olds. For further information regarding this scheme please email firstname.lastname@example.org
4. My children would like to attend the pool for a “fun, splash about session”, will you be holding any such session during the remainder of the school holidays?
Welsh Government guidelines currently dictate that children UNDER the age of 11 years do NOT need to socially distance, therefore we are pleased to announce we will be introducing a number of sessions for children aged 8, 9 and 10 years to come along and have a little play. We are currently working on a timetable and this will be published shortly.
5. Will the Tuesday morning “Over 50s” swimming session still be taking place and will it still be free of charge to those aged 60+?
Yes of course. We are pleased to still be offering this activity, however numbers will be limited and a lane rope will be in situ. As it is necessary to reduce numbers, we will be adding an extra session on a Tuesday. This means session 1 will take place from 8.15am – 9am (pool time) and session 2 will follow from 9.15am – 10am (pool time).
N.B. As with ALL activities, only one session will be bookable per day and it is essential you book in advance in order to secure your place.
6. Do you have a date yet for junior swimming lessons restarting?
We are pleased to announce that we have now set a date. Junior Swimming Lessons will restart week beginning Monday 14th September. Changes will have to be made to the format as numbers at any one time pool side will need to be reduced. Further details will follow in due course.
7. My direct debit for swimming lessons is still frozen, do I have to do anything to restart payment collection.
No, this will be sorted for you. Harlands will be instructed to unfreeze all swimming lesson direct debits and resume payment collection. Your amount payable and payment date will remain the same as previously.
8. I cancelled my direct debit instruction for swimming lessons during lockdown, what do I need to do as I wish my child to resume lessons?
I’m afraid your child will no longer be booked into lessons, please contact us at email@example.com and we will be able to look into this matter for you. I’m sure we will be able to resolve this for you, please don’t worry.
9. I paid for the swimming lesson course which started in March, what will happen to my payment?
For those of you who paid for the Course which started week beginning Monday 14th March, all accounts will be checked on an individual basis and your payment made at that time reallocated against future lessons.
10. I didn’t pay for the course which started in March, will my child have lost their place?
No, you do not need to worry, your child’s place will still be reserved for them. Please contact us ASAP in order to make payment.
11. Will Adult swimming lessons be restarting soon?
Adult swimming lessons will not be restarting just yet, we will update when we have further information.
12. Is your Soft Play area reopening on Monday 17th August?
No, unfortunately we are unable to reopen our Soft Play area just yet due to Welsh Government advice that “ball pits” are to remain closed for the foreseeable future. We will of course continue to monitor their advice and guidelines and will update in due course.
13. When is the library reopening at Holywell Leisure Centre?
Holywell Library is simply sited within our building. It is actually run by Aura Leisure and Libraries. For any information regarding library services, please either ring 01352 703750 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
14. When will the Café be reopening?
Rosie’z Café is an independently run venture, again just sited within our building. Rosie is looking forward to reopening to the public on Monday 17th August.
Please feel free to contact us via email at email@example.com should you have any questions at all.
If we can help, we will and you can rest assured we’ll do our very best.
Once again, we are all really looking forward to seeing you. Until then, take good care.